Whether you have an annual intake of graduates, or are just wanting to inject some new skills and ambition into your business, Jumar’s wide-ranging graduate recruitment service delivers consistent, high-quality results.
We’ve been holding these events for many years, and we place huge value on our clients being able to analyse ‘the whole person’ – from specific technical skills to teamworking ethic and work behaviours. After all, recruiting people is about more than just buying-in skills – and in a competitive graduate marketplace, it’s important that you find the right cultural fit.
Equally, we realise that graduates taking the first step on the career ladder must be sure they are making the right move – and we never underestimate the importance of this.
Before being offered a place on a graduate assessment day, all candidates are pre-screened by video call, where they solve a number of logic problems proportionate to the role on offer.
- Bring out the best in graduates
- Demonstrate their ambition and capability as they embark on their career
- Can be held at our – or your – premises (full or half day)
- Are typically included in the cost of recruitment
- Cover technical and non-technical assessments
- Are run, monitored and assessed by Jumar’s experienced recruitment consultants
- Are open for you to attend, if you wish
- Workplace behavioural profiling (using the respected ThomasTM assessments)
- Technical testing relevant to the role
- Problem solving/lateral thinking activities
- Group-based/team-working challenges
- Communication tests
The results are interpreted and presented by Jumar’s in-house technical experts and highly experienced recruitment professionals, and we work closely with you to ensure the right ‘candidate fit’ for your role and business.
As part of our commitment to our clients and candidates, we maintain close contact with the graduates once they’ve begun their career in IT with you, to ensure they are thriving and consistently delivering results for your business.
“I much preferred this style of assessment to a standard interview, as it allowed everyone in the room to show off a range of real-life skills, as opposed to just passing an interview.”
“It was the perfect forum in which I could demonstrate a whole range of skills.”
There’s only so much you can tell from a CV.
It’s the interview that really allows you to explore what a candidate can bring to your business. Right? Well, not quite.
We believe that good recruitment is a combination of art and science. The art comes from our expertise and intuition from decades of experience in recruitment. The science comes from our proven recruitment frameworks and ISO9001 accredited processes.
Plus, Thomas InternationalTM assessments add a further layer of science to the recruitment and interview process, by analysing aspects of a candidate that a face-to-face meeting simply cannot.
These highly respected assessments analyse candidate’s professional behaviour as well as general intelligence and ability to cope with a range of workplace tasks.
Either conducted as part of an interview, or in advance online, the key tools that we use are:
- Personal Profile Assessment (PPA) – this assessment analyses a person’s workplace behavioural characteristics and is presented in the familiar DISC format. It compares this against their behaviour under pressure, allowing you to confirm the best possible cultural and team dynamic fit for your role and company. Profiles can also be compared against sample results from existing staff to ensure the most effective match.
- General Intelligence Assessment (GIA/TST) – How quickly can a candidate adapt to change and how well do they retain new skills and procedures? How well can they work accurately and at speed? The GIA test answers this by analysing the mental agility and logical reasoning capacity of a candidate. Carried out under strict time limits, this online test (and its paper-based equivalent, TST, for use on large groups) provides a range of measures which can be compared to the requirements of any specific role
When are this types of assessment used? Jumar’s team of recruitment professionals has been using these tests for many years and instinctively knows which test to use and when. Generally, however, they are used to great effect on our Graduate Assessment Days, and for positions where cultural fit is particularly important, or where there is a specific team dynamic/skillset that needs a precise match.
We know our clients are busy.
We also know that interviews can be time consuming.
Even with the most stringent selection and shortlisting processes, there are inevitably occasions where an interview quickly shows whether candidate is overwhelmingly right – or obviously wrong – for that role.
To address this, we offer the option of carrying out the initial interview using a specifically-designed online interviewing tool, allowing you to view it at your convenience.
You are sent a link to the highly-intuitive web portal where you can watch both sides of the interview alongside the candidate’s CV. A clickable list of interview questions to allows you to jump to the relevant part of the interview.
- One-click to see the online video
- Watch as little or as much as you like
- See the candidate and their interview style before inviting for a face-to-face
- Jump to specific questions using bookmark facility
- See candidate’s CV alongside the video
- Watch both sides of the interview (candidate and interviewer)
- Accept or reject the candidate from within the portal
We recognise that video interviewing is not necessarily a substitute for a ‘proper’ face-to-face meeting, but our clients have really embraced this new technology, particularly because of the time it saves, and the confidence it instils in the quality of the candidates that are invited to interview.
When recruiting a team of permanent staff to work on a project with a highly specific skillset, it can be difficult to ensure a consistent level of capability across the team.
This is particularly the case with niche, high-value or high-demand skills.
Jumar’s Training Academy solves this by bolstering recruitment process with intensive, bespoke training courses for all successful candidates before they start work on your project.
It also enables them to become more productive, much more quickly – sometimes accelerating this productivity by more than a year. (See our case study)
These courses – delivered by a combination of Jumar’s own technical trainers and carefully-chosen external providers – run over the space of days, weeks or months depending on your requirement. At all times, management of the academies is undertaken and monitored by Jumar to ensure your strategic aims are met.
Academies are often combined with our ECM offering (in that we employ the resources and deploy them to your projects after the academy) to deliver complex, specialist projects with Jumar assuming responsibility for the resources.
But, it’s not just about new resources – Academies can upskill your existing talent pool either alongside a new intake, or attended entirely by your existing workforce.
- We have existing relationships – where needed – with training providers and have negotiated highly competitive rates
- We remove your management headache of administering and monitoring the course and candidates’ progress
- We can (and often do) combine with other resourcing options like the ECM or Graduate recruitment
- When using ECM graduates, we own the relationship – carefully managing and supporting the transition into a corporate working life
- We instinctively understand the strategic aims and outcomes of the requirement and tailor the entire offering accordingly.