Current version of policy V3.2
Updated: 6th November 2017
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016, the Data Controller is Jumar Solutions Limited (Company No. 02333415) of Jumar House, Pinewood Business Park, Coleshill Road, Solihull, West Midlands B37 7HG.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
Jumar Solution aims to provide excellent recruitment and solutions services to our customers and candidates. It aims to create the best match between open vacancies and candidates seeking employment. Or in the case of our solutions business, to create the best possible solution to meet the requirements of our customer. To do this, Jumar will need to retain data about you.
Jumar holds and processes your data in pursuit of its legitimate interest in providing benefits and services to our candidates and customers.
Once Jumar places a candidate with one of its customer, the data held as part of the contractual and legal obligation that Jumar has as a certified recruitment company.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites www.jumar-solutions.com and www.jumar-recruitment.com (Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- We may source information using third parties, which include, but are not restricted by, the following:
– Job boards with which we have a contract
– Data aggregating providers e.g. Broadbean
- Specifically, information submitted by you relating to your education, employment history, other work-related information (include rate or salary information) and any other information provided to us on a CV in the context of using our Jobseeker services will be stored.
- If you contact us or we contact you, we may keep a record of that contact and information you may share with us during it.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access as detailed in our cookies policy.
- Your data will be stored within our recruitment system. This system may be cloud based, but we ensure that all necessary data protection protocols are in place.
- Your data will always be stored in the UK.
- We do not store any sensitive personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 Article 9), unless it has been provided by you as a part of the application or screening process if required for a particular job. In this case it will only be stored with your specific consent.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst being transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure and are kept for the duration of your use of our service and for a further term of five (5) years thereafter, unless you ask us to do otherwise.
If you exercise your right to erasure, we will retain all information we are legal obligated to do so (such as employment contract data or financial payment), for the period that is set out by that legal obligation. We may also keep your name and the bare minimum of contact details so that we do not contact you or re-enter your details inadvertently in the future.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Please see our cookies policy.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To notify you of relevant job opportunities as part of our jobseeker services detailed below.
- Your data may used to compile short-lists of relevant candidates for certain vacancies and will be shared within Jumar. We do not make use of any automated decision-making process as to who is short-listed for a particular vacancy.
- To provide your details (including your CV and other information provided to us) to Employers where you have submitted such information in response to job Vacancies displayed on the Website. This will never be done without your consent.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
To notify you about changes to our service.
We will never share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where you have submitted such information in response to job Vacancies displayed on the Website, to the Employers to which the Vacancy relates once you have given us permission.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jumar Solutions, the Website, our users and any third party we interact with the to provide the website.
- who provide necessary cloud-based systems (e.g. CRM) that we use to provide our services to you. Any such data is held subject to relevant privacy laws.
Your rights are as per the General Data Protection Regulations 2016, namely:
- right to be informed
- right of access – you have the right to access the information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request and must be made to using the e-mail address set out below.
- right of rectification – should you feel that we hold incorrect or incomplete information about you, please contact your jumar contact person to get any data rectified. Should you not have a jumar contact person, please use the contact details below.
- right or erasure (right to be forgotten) – please see the section on data retention.
- right of data portability
- right to restrict processing – we will always respect a request by you to stop contact by any or all methods of communication or for any specific purpose.
- right to object – we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and it is your right to lodge a complaint with them.
Correspondence should be directed to the contact details below.