Jumar’s specialist team has combined its significant expertise in CA Gen, software development and legacy modernisation to develop Jumar MAPS. This suite of world-class tools eliminates the need to throw large numbers of people at a transformation exercise, instead accelerating it through automation. This approach…
- significantly accelerates large-scale legacy modernisation
- reduces risk
- increases speed by approx. 15x
- delivers predictability and repeatability
- minimises the effort needed from IT
- allows a phased implementation alongside other projects
Jumar MAPS covers aspects of modernisation and upgrade support for CA Gen.
It was developed to enable you to get the most out of your existing core applications and supports our philosophy that in most cases, the software assets contained within them can and should be re-used if the business rules are still valid.
Our clients are using Jumar MAPS to…
- re-architect their applications
- convert Block Mode 3270 to Client/Server
- componentise for selective re-use and SOA
- expose business rules as web services
- create modern web user interfaces
…and are supported by our global team of technical specialists who have worked on CA Gen modernisation projects across five continents.
New functionality is being constantly added, based on feedback from CA Gen users across the world. Jumar works closely with the CA Gen community and therefore has the technical understanding to help you get the best from automation, enabling you to modernise applications in the most cost-effective way, with a significantly reduced risk profile and management overhead.
We speak to CA Gen users every day. We know that most of them rely on the platform to underpin their core business applications.
Many of these applications have been in place for decades, underpinning critical functions – but we recognise that there is a perception that options open to CA Gen users are becoming increasingly limited.
Planning a roadmap for legacy technology modernisation can prove highly challenging, especially when coupled with the inevitable decline in available skills. We address these problems with our CA Gen Support and Development offering whereby you outsource the development and support of your CA Gen system to Jumar.
- facilitates the immediate transfer of risk to us – as a leading world-wide CA Gen expert – while simultaneously creating a dedicated roadmap that expands your modernisation options
- reduces the distraction of legacy technology which may be tightly-coupled, poorly-documented or not fully-understood
- addresses your issues surrounding scarcity of CA Gen resources
- allows your existing resources to focus on activities which add business value, rather than distracting them with day-to-day maintenance
- reduces risk by benefitting from our team of global experts in this technology
The core emphasis is on delegating the risk and adding value.
One way this is achieved is by providing unlimited access to our Jumar MAPS automated analysis tools. This tooling is used to generate a complete picture of your entire application portfolio, its contents and interdependencies. This exercise is conducted, by default, at the beginning of engagement (without charge) to give full visibility of the CA Gen implementation on the estate.